Thursday 17 August 2017

Anxiety - part 2

So - I know it's foolish but there it is.
I did manage - FOUR TIMES - to walk that plank.
The police scrutiny was balanced by the hilarity of watching our crew rig up a way of connecting y the electrics - cannibalising an old toothbrush charging seat - until we found a more reputable plug in a hardware shop. 
We found Sarande to be a lovely place -peaceful and joyos in holiday mood, with cafes, hotels, fruit market, archaeology, kindly people, wonderful food at half the price we'd paid in Corfu, nice wine, beautiful views and beaches, and a carnival atmosphere along the promenade with hundreds if not thousands of happy families enjoying the night air. So, I overcame my fears, enjoyed myself, and we went to sleep back on board (that gangplank again, in the dark!), to the sound of explosions - fireworks to round off the evening. 
Today on the long haul motoring up to Orikum I have had a long time to consider what happened and why. It's annoying I had to end the main blog before it really finished and I had to write it twice as I managed to lose it the first time.
Now at a lovel beach bar. Wifi helps. Have seen the scan of our new grandchild sent from Kilkenny today. Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment