Sunday 15 September 2019

Reading old posts

Tonight we head to the airport ready for an early flight to Sardinia, for our 'real' summer holiday.  By chance I mentioned this blog to an online group I belong to, and asked for comments, suggesting they might like to read back through old posts and see the sort of thing I have written about.  I decided it was a good idea for me to do that too, and I must say (without being too big-headed) I was really surprised and pleased by some of what I have written over the years.
It's clear that the best posts have stories in them - things we heard, or anecdotes, tales of the old days, reasons we were given for why things are the way they are.
It's also clear that some of the posts were written in too much haste, mostly descriptive and with not enough planning or forethought.
But I think this will in due course make a reasonably interesting book sometime soon.
So - if you are reading this now, please do browse through some of my old posts, and leave comments. These are so intensely valuable - genuine feedback.
I hope our Sardinian trip will be leisurely enough for me to give you some high qual accounts. We leave Faversham basking in a glorious warm sunny September light, with the food festival in full swing in the marketplace, and everyone relaxed and content. We've been to the allotment and come home with copious amounts of tomatoes, damsons, blackberries and windfall apples. These are now either cooked for the freezer, or given to neighbours... How lucky I am to have this as my birthday month - the cornucopian flows of glorious, sweet abundance from the plot. We pruned the great loquat tree in the garden and took the stiff proud branches up to the recycling centre, and now the last things are going into the (new) suitcase - with four wheels for easier manoeuvring at the airport.  No-one know how much longer we'll be able to flit like this into Europe and out again... Either Brexit or global warming will close it all down, maybe.  So we are savouring everything about this trip. 
The next post ought to be from Cagliari.   

No comments:

Post a Comment